Monday, January 6, 2014

In the New Year

Wouldn't you like to be a fly at this Studio 54 New Years Party? Source
Hello there. After a hiatus over the holidays I am ready to give this blog a little bit of love in 2014. Marc and I headed up north for a few days with my family over Christmas.  Our little break was just what I needed. It cured my bought of homesickness I was feeling in December.  I reflected on all of the changes we went through this past year and thought about what I want to do in the upcoming twelve months.  

I have never been one for resolutions. I usually break them less than a week into the new year and then feel like a failure. I like to think more about a theme or goal I want my year to have.  This year its all about settling in and calming down.  

Looking beyond even just the last year, the past five years have sort of been a whirlwind of change and growth. The end of my twenties and beginning of my thirties brought career changes and growth, my first serious relationship, a new dog, an engagement, planning a wedding (in 3 months eek), realizing I had a mountain of credit card debt, getting said debt in control, capped off with moving a 1,000 miles away and starting a new life in a new spot.

 I think we are all wired to want to rush to the next step, whether it be the next job, a bigger house, or a child but this year I want to really try to stop worrying about when that next big thing is going to come and just enjoy the now and let things happen naturally. I want to get to know Miami and I want to try to be more appreciative of everything I have in my life right now. I get to live blocks from the beach, something most people would kill for and something I never thought I would be doing it's pretty cool! 

So here is to 2014 and all it may bring!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment