Tuesday, November 5, 2013

When in New England

This week I have traveled back up north.  I have been very lucky that I have been able to work remotely for my current job in Boston during the move to Florida. I have been able to come up monthly and see my family and friends to get a quick taste of fall and "home".  I decided though, to take a job in Miami. I couldn't resist an office with an ocean view 25 blocks from my apartment and a small company with lots of room to grow.  My last trip up is bittersweet. I am looking forward to my new endeavor (and to be able to dress up again for work ... style posts to come soon!) but I am sad to give up my monthly New England fix. I stayed in Templeton last night and I found myself feeling very nostalgic. Something about this time of year reminds me of college, and living back home after college. It's that time right before winter comes but it still smells like fall.  I snapped this photo on my way to work today I used to run and walk this route all the time way back when.  I will be happy to see the ocean at the end of the week and to put my flip flops back on but I don't know if I will ever fully get used to not having these changes of the season and the memories that come along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment